Pages

Sunday 24 December 2017

SLJ Bonus Activity: Waka Ama:)

Well you might be able to guess what our task is today. For this task I was told to watch a short video clip about a Waka Ama Race. A few minutes after watching the video I would have to write a short story on my blog If I would want to participate in this water sport ( Waka Ama! 

 Image result for waka ama

I would love to participate in this incredible Sport as I have never participated in any kind of water sport before. I would also like to participate in Waka Ama because it is a great sport & I would love to know what It'll actually feel like to paddle hard & fast, how far I could paddle without any stopping & having to get to know other people / communicate with others. Waka Ama is such a great sport for everyone out there who love to be around water. As I was watchng the movie I could see how much training It'll take all of them to finish off the race. To me this kind of sport looks a bit challenging & a bit of work to do. I would definetely like to give Waka Ama a go some day!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hinerangi,

    Ruby here from the Summer Learning Journey team! It's great to see that you've been doing such good work with these activities. Well done!

    That's great that you would like to participate in a Waka Ama race! It would definitely be a lot of fun if you enjoy sports. There would definitely be a lot of things to practice before being in a race. What sorts of things do you think those would be?

    I wouldn't want to be in a Waka Ama race because I'm not very good at swimming and would be afraid of falling out of the Waka!

    Do you play any other sports?

    I look forward to reading more of your blog over the summer.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete